For more than 40 years the Marley NC has set the standard for high-efficiency and low-maintenance cooling tower versatility. We’ve utilized over 85 years of engineering experience to bring you the highest capacity package cooling tower on the market, the Latest Generation of the NC.
Available as either a factory-assembled or a field-erected installation, the Marley NC cooling tower features state-of-the-art components in a time-tested tower design that has been proven effective in thousands of installations worldwide.
Low Maintenance/Less Downtime
The Marley NC is one of the few cooling tower configurations that can be maintained while operating, allowing cleaning and inspecting the distribution system without requiring the pumps to be turned off. Plus, the standard gear drive system can operate for 5 years without an oil change or loss of efficiency. A tremendous advantage over a belt drive system which will require periodic belt replacement and adjustment. All this means less downtime which is especially important for mission or production critical facilities.
Quiet by Design
All Marley NC cooling towers are designed for low sound levels using high efficiency low sound fans and low splash noise heat transfer media. Models using the Quiet fan option are configured with the best available combination of low noise premium efficiency motors, quiet gear drive reduction with matched gear sets, and high solidity premium efficiency fans. In concert, these components provide quiet operation for all but the most strict requirements and specifications. However, for those extreme cases, the Ultra Quiet fan option, sound attenuation or any combination thereof can meet just about any sound specification.
Long Life Construction
Rugged G235 heavy mill galvanized steel is standard with 300 series stainless steel as an optional upgrade to part or the entire tower structure. Marley ISO certified plants assure quality factory-assembly. Plus, the NC stainless steel cooling tower comes with SPX Cooling Technologies’ exclusive 5-year limited warranty.
Low Operating Costs
Marley high-efficiency fill and fans, gravity-flow water distribution, and efficient mechanical drive systems work together to offer maximum cooling with minimum power use.
All Season Performance
Performs as specified in the heat of summer — responds well to energy-management techniques in the spring and fall — integral louvers allow virtually ice-free operation in the dead of winter — and offers simple maintenance all year long.
Air Movement Package
- Removable fan guard welded heavy gauge rods. Hot dip galvanized after fabrication.
- Eased inlet fan cylinder ensures full area, low turbulent airflow through the cylinder.
- High efficiency fan wide-chord design for maximum efficiency at low fan tip speeds.
- Marley System 5 Geareducer® drive requires no oil changes for five full years. Offers significant savings in maintenance costs. Marley SofTork coupling absorbs excessive shock loads at start-up and is specifically designed for Variable Frequency Drive operation
- Marley PowerBelt™ drive (available on any model up to 60hp) easy belt replacement and 40,000-hour bearing life.
- TEFC Fan Motor 1.15 service factor, variable torque, and specially insulated for cooling tower duty for extended life.
- The NC air movement package including the structural support guaranteed against failure for a period of five full years. The motor is warranted separately by the motor manufacturer.
Water Distribution System
- Multiple piping options single inlet, dual inlet, top, side or bottom inlet, side outlet or bottom outlet designed to have the right connections for your application.
- Gravity flow distribution system allows easy, nonrestrictive, on-line maintenance. Basin covers are standard and can be used as a walking surface with guardrail option.
- Marley Spiral Target polypropylene nozzles delivers precise distribution of water over the fill area.
- Marley MX thermoformed PVC film fill suspended from structural steel tubing. Integral louvers and eliminators keep circulating water confined to fill, even at low air rates.
- Drift Eliminators Eliminators with rates as low as .001% of the design flow rate are available on many models in standard configuration.
- Crossflow configuration provides easier and safer on-line maintenance.
- Steel Construction G-235 heavy mill galvanized steel construction standard. Series 300 stainless steel optional.
- Factory assembled ensures final field installation will be hassle-free. The cooling tower can be shipped in pieces and assembled on site as well.
- Two large access doors provides nonconfining, quick visual inspection of cold water basin, internal structure, drift eliminators and mechanical equipment in the plenum area.
- High Efficiency Axial Fan Adjustable-pitch fan blades permit maximum utilization of rated horsepower and allows field adjustments to optimize tower performance.
- System 5 Geareducer the Geareducer option requires no oil changes for five full years. The lowest maintenance requirements in the industry. Reduced waste stream and environmental impact. Independent testing has proven a Marley Geareducer is up to 12 dBA quieter than the gearboxes used by most other cooling tower manufacturers.
- Fan Motor TEFC 1.15 service factor, horizontal-shaft motor designed to Marley specifications for cooling tower duty. Specially insulated for humid cooling tower service.
- SofTork Coupling Absorbs excessive shock loads at start-up—forgives minor misalignment between the motor and Geareducer. This coupling is specifically designed for Variable Frequency Drive operation.
- Five-Year Mechanical Warranty Five-year total mechanical equipment warranty including mechanical equipment support, plus our exclusive 5-year maintenance-free System 5 Geareducer.
- Single Inlet Connection choose from either side inlet or bottom inlet connections. All piping from the inlet connection to the distribution basins is part of the tower package.
- Guardrail and Ladder provides sturdy and stable access to the top of your cooling tower. Ladder safety cages and ladder extensions are also available.
- Mechanical Access Door Platform provides internal ladder to elevated bar-grating platform with guardrail, facilitates maintenance access. Exterior platform with ladder and guardrail also available for outside motor option. Modular tower only.
- Motor Location Outside easily accessible and is not subjected to the constant humidity that exists inside the tower plenum. This option uses a Marley fullfloating stainless steel driveshaft.
- Variable Flow Distribution Basins allow significant variations in flow rates while protecting the tower from the disadvantages of poor water distribution—icing, fill scaling and erratic performance. Permits the operator to stage chillers and pumps, and still circulate water efficiently over all cooling tower cells with the benefit of dramatically reduced fan hp for a given heat load.
- Factory-Installed Terminal Control Box provides a single location for all controls wiring.
- Control Systems ranges in sophistication from standard fan starters and disconnects to Programmable Logic Controllers that work in conjunction with your building or process system.
- Variable Speed Drive provides the ultimate in temperature control, energy management, sound control and mechanical equipment longevity.
- Solid State Water Level Control Package monitor basin water level with solenoid-valve water makeup. Configurations include makeup along with high and low water level alarm and cutoff and electric basin heater cutoff.
- Welded Stainless Steel Collection Basin all collection basin parts exposed to the circulating water including structural members projecting into the basin, plus attaching hardware, and all basin options, including sumps are heavy-gauge series 300 stainless steel. Galvanized steel tower option.
- Stainless Steel Distribution Bassins corrosion is usually most aggressive in the hot water distribution basins. Stainless steel provides long, trouble-free service life. Galvanized steel tower option.
- Extended Geareducer Oil Line includes a dipstick to check Geareducer oil level. Located at the fan deck level near the side of the tower.
- Air Inlet Screens keep leaves and debris out of the cooling tower with factory-installed, U-edged, galvanized wire mesh screens over the air inlets. Horizontal design allows for easy access to the collection basins.